2000-2006 Honda VTR1000 SP1/SP2 RC51
Note: Use this guide in conjunction with the instructions received with your SH-H01 harness kit.
1. Remove the seat.
2. Locate the 3p speed sensor coupler. It is located on the right side between the fairing and sub frame.
3. Disconnect the speed sensor coupler, and hook up the SH harness connectors.
4. Find a suitable location for the SH box, mount it with the velcro strips supplied.
5. Route the SH harness along the frame to the location of SH. Plug-in the 4p harness connector.
6. Use the on-line calculator to generate the programming instructions.
Chris H., USA
I checked my speed by a "mounted" hand held GPS to find the error (due to gearing changes) and then referred to the online calculator.
The generated instructions from the calculator made the calibration a very simple exercise. The follow up ride confirmed the speed precisely.
Keith B., Australia